Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching)
This course leads to a vocational qualification designed to provide you with an introduction to the knowledge, skills, and understanding of the safe and ethical principles for effective teaching practices in aquatics.
As an aspiring teacher, this qualification will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support a more senior qualified, experienced teacher of aquatics, at any level, in the delivery of a pre-prepared session.
ON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THIS QUALIFICATION
You should be able to:
- Promote and establish working relationships and high standards of behaviour with participants, other teachers, parents and officials in the overall development of aquatics
- Demonstrate an ability to safely prepare, support and conclude aquatic teaching sessions/activities using pre-planned session plans
- Demonstrate an understanding of:
- Generic teaching skills
- Sport specific teaching skills
- Teacher and performer/participant development
- Good practice in teaching ethics
- Health and safety
- Basic introduction to aquatics
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and adapt aquatic teaching sessions/activities for a variety of different age groups and abilities
- Identify an awareness of further personal development opportunities in this discipline, including teaching, administration and officiating.
The qualification is assessed through a variety of methods and activities in the form of observation, written evidence and/or verbal discussion. Your tutor will help you to understand the different sorts of evidence that are acceptable and appropriate, and what the methods of assessment to be used will be.
Practical assessments will be conducted through observation in your natural working environment.
For more information about any of our courses please email [email protected]
TO DOWNLOAD THE FULL COURSE BROCHURE, PLEASE CLICK HERE