Swim England Level 2 Teaching Swimming
This course leads to a vocational qualification designed for you to learn how to effectively apply your skills, knowledge and understanding of teaching aquatics.
This qualification aims to provide and equip you, with the skills, knowledge, tools and techniques to effectively plan, prepare, deliver, monitor and evaluate aquatic teaching sessions.
Learners must be 16 years of age or older at the start of the course.
They must hold a Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) or a Swim England Level 1 Award in Teaching Aquatics or an equivalent Swim England qualification certificated after 1994.
On successful completion
On successful completion of this qualification you should be able to:
- Establish an effective, fair and equitable aquatic teaching environment
- Establish a safe aquatic teaching environment
- Review participants needs and establish goals for aquatic teaching sessions
- Produce plans for sessions that support participant’s development
- Plan for evaluation of aquatic sessions
- Prepare participants for aquatic teaching sessions
- Establish and maintain working relationships with participants and others
- Deliver aquatic teaching sessions
- Develop participant’s performance
- Conclude aquatic teaching sessions
- Evaluate participant’s performance and effectiveness of sessions
- Monitor personal aquatic teaching practices
The qualification is assessed through a variety of methods and activities in the form of observation, written evidence and/or verbal discussion. Your tutor will help you to understand the different sorts of evidence that are acceptable and appropriate and the methods of assessment that will be used.
Practical assessments will be conducted through observation in you
For more information about any of our courses please email firstname.lastname@example.org
TO DOWNLOAD THE FULL COURSE BROCHURE, PLEASE CLICK HERE