Highfield Level 2 Award in Pool Lifeguarding (RQF)
The Highfield Level 2 Award in Pool Lifeguarding (RQF) has been developed in line with the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive’s (HSE) HSG 179: Managing Health and Safety in Swimming Pools, which provides guidance for anyone involved in managing pool health and safety at a pool.
This regulated qualification is designed for those wishing to become a qualified pool lifeguard.
ON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THIS QUALIFICATION
You should be able to:
- Point out the requirements for health and safety in a swimming pool environment
- Prepare a swimming pool environment
- Supervise a swimming pool environment
- Respond to pool emergencies
- Maintain the safety of the swimming pool environment
- Respond to emergency situations in a swimming pool
The qualification is assessed through a variety of methods and activities in the form of observation, written evidence and/or verbal discussion. Your tutor will help you to understand the different sorts of evidence that are acceptable and appropriate, and what the methods of assessment to be used will be.
Practical assessments will be conducted through observation throughout the course.
For more information about any of our courses please email email@example.com
TO DOWNLOAD THE FULL COURSE BROCHURE, PLEASE CLICK HERE